Wednesday 4 April 2018

We don't need no thought control

Since I first started seriously collecting Pink Floyd merchandise something that I always wanted most was The Wall figures. They were released in 2003 in two series, and fetch large amounts on the secondhand market so for a long time they were just a pipe dream. But this year all of my luck seems to have fallen into place and in the space of two months I've gotten the two figures out of the entire collection that I really wanted!

Pink Floyd's The Wall School Master figure

I'm in the habit of making vague searches on eBay quite frequently for Pink Floyd merchandise, and that's how I came across both of these items. The first was the School Master, he's always the first character people think of from The Wall and I really love his design. He was quite cheap on a Buy It Now, so I didn't hesitate and it arrived early February. It was cheap on account of the box being slightly grubby, which I do care about but I'd rather save the money to be honest as the figure itself is just fine and that's what really matters.

Once the School Master arrived I started thinking which one I hoped for next, not really expecting to get it. The Marching Hammers was top of the list as it's the logo for the whole album and movie, and last week I happened to see it on an eBay auction and I won!

Pink Floyd's The Wall Marching Hammers figure

It arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier. Sometimes plastic figures can look really tacky, but these are so well made that even people who aren't Floyd fans have admired their quality. The Marching Hammers in particular look like actual polished metal, and despite being so gangly the School Master is really sturdy. I had originally planned to keep the Marching Hammers in the box, but I could see it had already been removed at some point and you don't get the full effect of it behind the plastic packaging. I'm not at home at the moment so can't see what they look like alongside each other with the backings interlocked, I'll update with a photo as soon as I'm back!

No comments:

Post a Comment