Sunday 29 April 2018

Syd



'Crazy Diamond' would of been the obvious title for this post, but I kind of hate how Syd gets referred to by this honestly, it's really reductive. But it is the name of this box set I won on eBay a few weeks ago. I already own the EP, but as I don't really collect CDs I never really bothered with this. But I saw it going for cheap on eBay and couldn't resist!

This set was released in 1993, and features all of Syd's albums: The Madcap Laughs, Barrett, and Opel which is a rarities and outtakes collection originally released in the late '80s. It also comes with a little booklet of information about Syd and the songs on the albums, I haven't had a chance to read it yet so I'll have to see if it's any good but I can't imagine it'd be that bad on an official release.

I imagine this would be awesome for anyone new to Syd's solo work as it's all right there for you. And a nice set to have for a collector like myself for sure! I have it next to my other CD box sets, I've amassed quite a collection for someone who doesn't really like CDs much! It's kind of tempting me to start collecting them properly.


No comments:

Post a Comment