Monday 27 August 2018

Recent pick ups

Life has been a bit hectic lately and had some ups and downs, and unfortunately something had to be put aside and it ended up being blogging. But a lot of Pink Floyd things have still been going on in my life, and I'm eager to get this account up to date! I thought I'd start with a few of my recent buys.



First up, a small order I placed with the Pink Floyd online store. I saw they'd released some enamel pins, they were quite pricey but I really loved this Animals one. I also really wanted the magnet from Ther Mortal Remains - I saw the exhibition numerous times in London and also in Rome, and whilst in Italy I began collecting magnets as I like the idea of having one from everywhere I've been. Unfortunately I started the collection after I visited the exhibition, so I placed a little order. I'm disappointed in the quality for the £5 price tag - it's basically cardboard stuck onto magnet backing. But I'm glad to have it none the less.



At the beginning of August I went to a local record fair, and happened to see this first UK pressing of About Face as soon as I walked in. It felt like fate as I'd been outbid on eBay for a copy of this record just a few days before! It's the first time I've seen one of David's solo records for sale in the flesh (although I'm obviously very familiar with his music, I have everything on MP3!) and I'm pleased to have finally started this collection. I now have at least one LP of each individual band member.




This is a Japanese 1971 single release of Julia Dream, with Summer 68 on the B side. Such a beautiful duo of songs to release together! This is fairly rare and sells for quite a lot, but I managed to pick it up cheap on eBay. I've had a lot of luck on eBay recently!



And here's another eBay find! I gathered all of my various editions of Piper At The Gates of Dawn together for a photograph for the album's anniversary, and it made me want more. It's my favourite album of all time, and although I collect Pink Floyd stuff anyway I want to make more effort to collect this album specifically and all of the various releases it's had. A few days later, I saw this near mint copy of the 1997 mono re-release to mark the albums 30th anniversary up on auction and won it for a steal.




This isn't official merchandise, but something I picked up from Etsy as I couldn't resist. It has "All you create and all you destroy" from Eclipse stamped into it.



And lastly for now, a copy of Amused to Death which is another eBay find that I won for only a tenner. This is my favourite of Roger's solo work, but even this repressing often sells for quite a lot of money, so I'm glad I waited it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment